{think cute designs} my dad is a superhero – take 2!

our SUPERHERO dad collection has been updated, but is just as darling.  CLICK HERE for the complete collection.

my dad. my superhero.  this little guy was created last year in honor of the superhero dad{s} in my boy’s lives! {read post} this year i gave my hero a few little updates and added a few new pieces to the collection.

with father’s day just around the corner i can’t think of a better way to honor the dad in your life than by letting him know what a hero is he to you and your children.  life has a way of moving too fast and in all the hustle and bustle it becomes easy to take for granted those around us that we love.  what a special day to remind dad just how SUPER he is!

i adore the idea of this sitting on dad’s desk.  it was last year that i discovered what power-ups were through the teachings of my boys.  all you need is a cute glass jar, clear paint can (from michaels) or any other fun container to fill up with treats for dads.  the coordinating hershey kiss stickers have great sayings to remind dad just how special he is.  fill the container with snack size treats, granola bars ,candy or maybe even coffee.  {the hershey kiss stickers are the perfect size for rolos and reece cups too}

this from my 2011 post:

superheros are pretty powerful, but sometimes they need a little extra fuel to get them through the day!  this adorable tag says:

“sometime even superheros need a little extra fuel, so i’ve left behind some power-ups just for you.”

{i will admit that i had no idea what power-ups were when the boys in the house suggested that’s what i call the candy “fuel”.  but, i have since discovered that power-ups are used in video games to give the characters a little extra boost!}

this year i have added new little rectangle tags to the collection.  these tags are perfect to attach to those fun straws that you know you have hidden around or to lollipop and or popsicle sticks.  how cute is this tag placed in a stack of pancakes?  these tags would also make great little notes to leave hidden around the house for dad to find.  maybe in a top dresser drawer tucked away in his socks, left on the front seat of his car, hidden in his lunch box or taped to the bathroom mirror.  i love that these sweet notes can be used year round.

it would be fun to write on the back of each card and tie together with a colorful bow!

and the cute cupcake toppers/gift tags pictured above on the milk bottles.  i love that you can use these in so many ways.  attached to a morning cup of coffee, use as a sweet gift tag for your father’s day present, use as cupcake or pancake toppers and so much more.

and the superhero dad banner!  LOVE IT!

this jumbo size candy bar wrapper is sure to be a big hit with your superhero dad!  to honor all the superhero dads out there this design is our FREEBIE!

i am so grateful for the superhero dads in my life.

• my own sweet dad.
  • my wonderful father in law.
  • my wonderful husband jim who is an amazing second dad to my boys.
  • and to ross…the father of my boys taken from their lives so very prematurely.

so, i will end this post with tears in my eyes reminding you to love on your superhero dads.

continue reading

20 Responses to {think cute designs} my dad is a superhero – take 2!

1. Alicia August 1, 2013 at 9:36 pm #

Hi, Im trying to get the file to print but it wont work :( can you email it to me please.

alicia_bobbermien@hotmail.com

2. Melanie August 28, 2013 at 7:39 am #

I love this, just trying to work out how to download it. Is the file still available?
    Thanks Heaps.

3. t November 19, 2013 at 4:14 pm #

can i download the card still?

4. jest_me_ April 11, 2014 at 4:07 pm #

I love this and would love to download it. Is is still available? Could you please e-mail me?
    jest_me_@hotmail.com

• Lauren McKinsey April 13, 2014 at 4:17 pm #

I tried emailing this file to you but it bounced back! :( Is there a better email address?

5. Heather Scott April 26, 2014 at 12:10 pm #

Hi is this printable still available? Can you email it to me. There does not seem to be a link to download it. Thank you. Your work is wonderful.

6. Rachel April 26, 2014 at 7:27 pm #

I couldn’t download the kisses or the jar label on the superhero label. Where can I download them. Thanks!

• Lauren McKinsey April 29, 2014 at 1:16 pm #

Rachel- the collection will be back up on our new website soon! I would love for you to subscribe to our newsletter so that way you know what’s coming out! We do release a printable collection a week!

• Alison May 20, 2014 at 11:24 pm #

Hello!

Are you still planning on posting the Father’s Day Superhero Candy Wrapper on the website soon? I would love to use it with our kindergartners.

Thank you!

7. Odette Du Plessis May 20, 2014 at 3:17 pm #

I think this little guy is amazing! Could you e-mail me this printable! Would like to use it for fathers day. It does honour the your kids father. His love made it possible for this guy to be created and to be shared by other fathers. Thank you Odette

• Lauren McKinsey May 21, 2014 at 6:47 am #

I am out of town until tomorrow, but will email it this week!!!

8. Alison May 20, 2014 at 9:52 pm #

Hi! Will your Father’s Day candy wrapper be up again soon? I don’t see it on the new website yet! Thank you! It’s adorable!!

9. Carly June 3, 2014 at 8:25 pm #

HI,
    I am looking to print the candy bar printable for my kinders. Can I get an email copy as well. Thanks!

10. Amanda June 6, 2014 at 10:40 pm #

I love all of this!! This is exactly what my son wants to do for his dad – is it still available for download? Or can you email it to me? T

Thanks!!

11. sam June 10, 2014 at 2:17 pm #

Hi
    Would you be able to email me the fathers day printable. It is perfect for fathers day on sunday
    Thanks
    Sam

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Father’s Day Ideas for the Candy Bar Lovin’ Man « Happy Home Fairy - June 5, 2012

[...] finally, this bright colored Superhero Candy Bar Wrapper from Lauren McKinsey Designs is a great reminder to Dad of just how SUPER he [...]

2. 100 Awesome (and Free!) Father’s Day Printables! | Printables 4 Mom - June 5, 2012

[...] My Dad is my Super Hero candy bar wrapper from Lauren McKinsey. [...]

3. Father’s Day Printables: Free To Download | Lady and the Blog - August 9, 2014

[…] Stole My Heart // 2. Shaving Set Printable // 3. Father’s Day Search Word Game Card // 4. Superhero Dad Card // 5. For You Dad Party Set // 6. Cupcake Toppers // 7. Happy Father’s Day Tie Banner // 8. […]